Here’s something you may or may not know about me: I’m a HUGE bibliophile. I really love reading, but I also love to buy books. It sounds kind of silly, but it’s true! It’s so much fun for me to spend an hour or so strolling through a bookstore, collecting an armful of books before making my newest purchase.
But there’s one small problem- I’m a slow reader.
With this in mind, I decided to set a goal for myself; read two books a month. That adds up to 24 books in a year- a lofty goal, no doubt. But it’s one that I’m determined to achieve in 2019.
Here are the books that I want to read this year:
- This Savage Song – Victoria Schwab
- Renegades – Marissa Meyer
- Legendary – Stephanie Garber
- You – Caroline Kepnes
- The Savior’s Champion – Jenna Moreci
- Once And For All – Sarah Dessen
- Sharp Objects – Gillian Flynn
- Ever the Hunted – Rachel Summerill
- The Lone and Level Sands – Emerson Grey
- Six of Crows – Leah Bardugo
- Fangirl – Rainbow Rowell
- Crazy Is My Superpower: How I Triumphed By Breaking Bones, Breaking Hearts, and Breaking the Rules – AJ Mendez-Brooks
- Keeper – Kim Chance
- A Court of Mist and Fury – Sarah J. Maas
- #Girlboss – Sophie Amoruso
- The Kings of Cool: A Prequel to Savages – Don Winslow
- Save the Date – Morgan Matson
- The Liar, the Bitch, and the Wardrobe – Allie Kingsley
- Off the Page – Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer
- Passenger – Alexandra Bracken
- Valley of the Dolls – Jacqueline Susann
- IT – Stephen King
- Dark Matter – Blake Crouch
- Scrappy Little Nobody – Anna Kendrick
As you can see, this list is a mixed bag of young adult, new adult, and adult books. There’s chick-lit, horror, non-fiction, romances, thrillers, and so much more. I guess you could say I have a wide range to pick and choose from. I’ve included links for each book, in case you’re interested in checking it out.
By the end of the year, I’ll comprise a list of all the books that I ended up reading. Will all those books make it on that list? It’s hard to say. But truthfully, all I care about is hitting my goal of 24 books by 2019’s end.
Wish me luck!
P.S. None of the links I used are affiliated in any way. In other words, I don’t make any money from you clicking them.