First off…I sincerely apologize for abandoning the blog without warning. Between some personal matters I had to deal with at the beginning of the month and work suddenly becoming busy as hell, my blog ended up on the back burner. But now I’m back, and I intend to resume my regular posting schedule this coming March. Thank you so very much for your patience while I was away.
Now, onto today’s post!
With my 24th birthday being tomorrow, I’ve had some time to think about the things I’ve learned. So, I’ve decided to share them as a way to reflect on all that I’ve learned during my short life. My hope is more to inspire myself to be better this year, and for many years to come!
- Stop apologizing needlessly.
- Always, always, always work hard…
- …But don’t forget to relax every now and then.
- Take a deep breath whenever necessary.
- Try your best, no matter what the circumstances may be.
- Take safe risks.
- Hang out with people more because it’s more fun than you think.
- You need to take care of yourself NOW.
- Have more patience.
- Organization is so much more important than you realize.
- Perfection does not exist, and anyone who says so is a liar.
- The Internet is both the best and the worst; and it can be both at the same time.
- Have fun with your hair because why not?
- Being alone is okay.
- For the love of God, STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS.
- Listen to your elders- they know more than you may think.
- People are way more important than material things.
- Don’t be afraid to go after goals that no one else believes in.
- Make vital sacrifices that will benefit your future.
- It’s okay to not have it all figured out.
- It’s not just what you say, but how you say it that matters.
- Sleep is more important than you thought.
- Trust your gut.
- Smile more.
Have I learned every important lesson out there? No, of course not. I would never even suggest it. But I’ve certainly learned more than a few important things that I have no doubt will stick with me for the rest of my life. Here’s to many more years!