When it comes to skincare, I’m something of a guinea pig. I like trying different products just for fun because it allows me to see what I like and what I don’t like. But recently I’ve found several products that I truly love to use. Because of this, I’ve decided to show you what my skin care routine is so you can get some inspiration.
For those wondering what kind of skin I deal with, I have combination skin. My T-zone is oily and acne-prone, while my cheeks are normal to dry. My biggest skin concern is hormonal acne, so I try to focus on making my skin as clean as possible.
Anyways, without further ado, this is what I use!
- Youth To The People Superfood Face Wash – This cleanser is full of natural ingredients to leave my skin clean and soft. It lathers up easily and doesn’t leave a greasy film on my face.
- Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra Clarifying Face Oil – This product was recommended to me during a trip to Sephora because it’s said to be specifically targeted towards hormonal acne. It’s not hydrating (thanks to the salicylic acid), but it detoxes my skin well.
- Neutrogena MOISTURE® Oil-Free Combination Skin (not pictured) – Because my face oil dries my skin out, I use a day moisturizer to hydrate my skin. It’s lightweight while leaving my skin soft and smooth.
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes Pink Grapefruit – If I’m wearing makeup that day, I use one of these wipes to take it all off. The scent may be off-putting for some, but it’s good at getting my makeup off.
- Garnier Micellar Water – Oily Skin – I use micellar water to get any remaining makeup off on my face. It also freshens up my skin and makes it feel much better.
- Bioré Charcoal Acne Clearing Cleanser (not pictured) – This acne-fighting cleanser is what I use when I wash my face in the shower. It’s cooling and refreshing, which feels nice in a hot shower. I love the feeling!
- Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Cream (sample size pictured) – I received this because of Sephora’s Birthday Gift. While it feels nice, the full-size version is stupid expensive, so I’m not sure I’ll repurchase it.
Extra Products (Used once a week):
- OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Mask – I use this every Sunday night to detox my skin before the work week begins. I put on an even layer and leave it on for 15 minutes before rinsing. It feels so nice and makes my skin feel super clean.
- Josie Maran 100 percent Pure Argan Oil (sample size pictured) – This is one product I’ve used off and on for a few years, but have recently added to my skin care routine. I use it once a week to add some extra hydration.
That’s my skin care routine for you! If you have any questions- or want to recommend any products you think I’d like- let me know here, or on social media. I’d love to hear your suggestions!