I’m a huge bibliophile. I’ve made it no secret here on my blog, or anywhere else on my social media, for that matter. While there are so many that I want to read, there are certain books that I want to read before I die. That’s because they’re either classics in their genre, are extremely successful both critically and commercially, and/or are just too damn good to not read.
With that said, I decided on a whim to list the 15 fictional books that I want to read before I die. If you’re more into nonfiction, that’s okay. I’m planning on a companion piece of sorts that’s made up of several nonfictional books that I wish to read before I’m dead. But for now, let’s focus on works of fiction, shall we?
- It – Stephen King
- Valley of the Dolls – Jacqueline Susann
- Savages – Don Winslow
- Dante’s Inferno – Dante Alighieri
- This Side of Paradise – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Cujo – Stephen King
- Anna Karenina – Leo Tolstoy
- Lolita – Vladimir Nabokov
- The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared – Jonas Jonasson
- Go Set a Watchman – Harper Lee
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
- Sharp Objects – Gillian Flynn
- The Casual Vacancy – J.K. Rowling
- 11/22/63 – Stephen King
That’s all of them! Will I ever read them all at some point? Who knows. What matters is knowing which books I want to read before I die so that I don’t miss any of them. That would be the worst part, after all!
One thought on “15 Fictional Books I Want to Read Before I Die”