Poetry is one of my favourite things. I’m no good at it (in my opinion), but I absolutely adore reading it. I know I’m not alone in this, so I decided to share the 10 poetry books that I wish to read before I die.
I’m aware that poetry is a very personal thing. My picks are based on topics these authors cover, their writing style, and/or my love for the author outside of their work. Perhaps this is unorthodox in one way or another, but I don’t care. I stand by my selections- and here they are, listed in no particular order.
- the princess saves herself in this one – Amanda Lovelace
- to make monsters out of girls – Amanda Lovelace
- Mind Platter – Najwa Zebian
- Love Poems – Pablo Neruda
- Love Her Wild – Atticus
- Pillow Thoughts III: Mending the Mind – Courtney Peppernell
- Milk and Honey – Rupi Kaur
- Ariel – Slyvia Plath
- Between You and These Bones – F. D. Soul
- The She Book – Tanya Markul
What are your favourite poets and/or poetry books? Do you like some of the ones I’ve shared here, or are there others that you enjoy? Please don’t hesitate to comment down below, or message me as to what poetry books you’re into!