Inspiration is something that creative people like myself thrive on a regular basis. It’s important to have some sort of inspiration before diving into a brand new creative project. It not only helps to complete whatever you set out to do but can even spark you to start a new project in the first place. Needless to say, inspiration can do a lot more than you may initially think.
The thing about inspiration is that it can come and go at a moment’s notice. Sometimes you have it; sometimes you don’t. What’s more frustrating is when you struggle to find inspiration in the first place. I’ve been there- and let me tell you, it’s one of the most frustrating things to deal with.
If you’re currently trying to find some amount of inspiration, then this is for you. Below is a list of 10 ways to spark inspiration. Please keep in mind that some of them are more writing-related, as I’m primarily a writer. However, there are still several options that anyone can do. Here are 10 ideas that can help you in sparking inspiration if you need it.
- Listen to music.
- Create a vision board to refer to.
- Read any book you desire.
- Do a mundane task- you never know what can come to mind while doing it.
- Take time out to write whatever you wish.
- Keep a book to write all of your ideas in.
- Try something new. (Dance class, cooking class, knitting…whatever piques your interest!)
- Change up your work environment however you see fit. (i.e. If you tend to work indoors, work outdoors if you can.)
- Disconnect from technology from an hour or so.
- Try and find other creative people in your field to connect with (be it in-person and/or online).
As I said above, inspiration really can come and go at moment’s notice. It truly is a fickle thing. While it can be a struggle, sparking inspiration is still possible. Whether you’re an artist, singer, writer, or another creative individual, you can still spark inspiration when needed. Sometimes it can hit you when you least expect it!