I worked as a Junior Content Editor and self-published News Writer for Babygaga from March 2019 to June 2020. Babygaga covers topics such as pregnancy, parenting news, parenting tips and celebrity news related to the aforementioned topics.
As a Junior Content Editor, I submit pitches of news stories in Asana for fellow writers to pick and choose from. When an article submitted by a News Writer who doesn’t self-publish their work will have their articles edited by me. I edit the article itself, as well as any article images for sizing, titles, the article’s hyperlink, and many fields within WordPress. Doing all this ensures that the article is well-written, but is also going to be more likely to receive a lot of website traffic.
As a News Writer, I wrote articles based on pitches submitted either by myself or another Editor. I tried to cover a variety of different stories- from celebrity news to serious news topics and everything else in between. I also wrote features and interviewed various individuals. When it came to interviews, either ached out to the individual, or I coordinated with a PR firm that wanted me to interview the individual.
My interviews included:
- Belle Lucia – Influencer & model
- Jackie Saland – Influencer & lifestyle blogger
- Erin Falconer – Author & businesswoman
- Katy Harrell – Fashion/lifestyle blogger
- Chelsey Glasson – UX researcher & pregnancy discrimination activist
- Cynthia Plotch & Jamie Norwood – Founders of Stix
- Taeler Horak – Founder of Zipease
- Noor Araim – Director of Regulation Strategy for Avion Pharmaceuticals
- Sarah Akram – Board-licensed Master Esthetician & Founder of Sarah Akram Skincare
- Kristin Fisher – Emmy Award-winning FOX News White House correspondent
- Kelly Blanchard – President of Ibis Reproductive Health
- Destiny Lopez – Co-Director of the All* Above All Action Fund